Friday, September 7, 2012

CFL Previews 2012 Week 11

Calgary at Edmonton
Calgary won a squeaker last week at home against Edmonton. I expect Edmonton to return the favour at home this week. I assume the Eskimos will have non-import running back Jerome Messam in the lineup this week. How they fit him in with Hugh Charles and Cory Boyd is a bit of conundrum, but I guess Messam can always be a quasi-fullback and an option to run or catch. Last week Boyd was a scratch so who knows who will play. I'm unsure who will start out of Kerry Joseph or Steven Jyles this week, but I'll assume the Eskimos will run a lot for a CFL team. Kevin Glenn has looked relatively good this year playing for the Stamps, but I just can't see him winning against Edmonton twice in a row. The Esks are favoured by three, by I see them covering.
Edmonton 29 Calgary 23

Hamilton at Toronto
The Ticats are a better team than their record would indicate. I would say the Argos are a slightly worse team than their record would indicate. Burris looked poor last week in Hamilton while Ray had a decent game. I expect the Cats to be looking for revenge, plus receiver Bakari Jones is back from injury, which should make the offense potent enough to cover for a fairly shabby defence. Argos are favoured by three, but that's mainly because they're at home. Expect a fair number of Ticats fans at Dead Ted's Dome (including potentially me).
Ticats 37 Team Suck 31

Montreal at BC
Seems to be a theme that whoever lost last week will win this week. I think this also holds true for the Als versus the Lions in the battle of the 6 and 3 teams. Montreal was the better team last week and Calvillo had yet another 300 yard game in a row (that's eight now). The Lions are historically excellent in BC Place, especially against Eastern teams (although this isn't a night game). Lions are favoured by 5.5, I expect them to cover.
Lions 33 Alouttes 25

Saskatchewan at Winnipeg
The Bombers got absolutely spanked by the Riders last week, with nothing good to say about their play at all. I expect them to also lose this week at home in the Banjo Bowl, but not by as much and by more than the three points the Riders are favoured by. Is Buck Pierce back? I don't know, but I'll guess no.
Riders  34 Bombers 19

No comments: