Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Best Road Draw, Part 1

Remembering the Ticat game at home against Saskatchewan and all the Riders fans there, I got to wondering which CFL is the best road draw. I also thought about how the Jesse Lumsden fumble before halftime probably cost us the game, but then I should probably just let that go. Damn he had the first down yardage too.

Anyways, calculating who is the best road draw is a bit tedious, but I have calculated the average attendances for each team last year which is the first step:

Edmonton 37383
BC 34083
Calgary 32617
Toronto 29189
Saskatchewan 28800
Winnipeg 27151
Hamilton 20784
Montreal 20202

All right Hamilton, not last in something! Actually with the feeble record and
feeble attendance the Ticats had last year, the Cats may be able to improve on both this year.

Anyways, from what I've seen so far, the Riders look like they will end up being the best road draw. Hopefully I can have part two posted by the weekend. Somehow I don't think Hamilton will end up doing that great and the Argos might surprise.

1 comment:

M@ said...

To be fair to Montreal, their stadium only holds 20000 people. But we're still doing better than the crowds of 9000 in the 80s; furthermore, I'll bet we averaged a couple thousand more before Labour Day.

Also, if the Cats win a couple, we'll see a lot of people come back. That's my prediction. These aren't the Ballard years -- people want to like their team in Hamilton nowadays.