Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wins versus Losses

Since it is a bit slow in Ticatland, apart from whether Kevin Glenn signs or not, I thought I would look into some win loss statistics for the Cats over the years. One question I wondered was when did the Cats last have a winning record at home?

Via Wikipedia I was easily able to find the overall win loss records for the individual CFL seasons, but unfortunately there was no breakdown for home versus away games. Obviously last year going 3 and 15, there was no winning record at home, nor the 3 and 15 season in 2007 or the 4 and 14 season in 2006. In 2005 the record was 5 and 13, so if they won all five games at home it is possible they had a winning record, but I would guess they won at least one away game. Which brings us to the 9 win, 8 loss and 1 tie season of 2004 (what great memories!). I remember the tie was at home against the Argos for Labour Day, but I don't know the breakdown for the other games. I would guess they probably had a winning record at home. Which brings up another question, when did the Cats last have a winning season on the road? If anyone knows where this info is available on the web, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Now on the TSN site, they have the won loss records for last year. Interestingly, for last season, the home teams won 43 of the games and lost 29, for a 59.7 winning percentage which is fairly sizeable. The Cats of course did their part going 1 and 8 on the road. Six teams had winning home records and three teams had winning road records. Probably no chance of a winning road record for the Cats this coming season, but one can always dream.

No comments: