Thursday, July 23, 2015

2015 CFL Week 5 Picks

Calgary at Ottawa
A couple of weeks ago, I would have gave Ottawa more of a chance, but after two losses in a row, I'm not quite so confident in Ottawa's chances. The Stamps have a lot of injuries, but have managed to win games. This is on the road though. I'm going to do something odd and take the REDBLACKS.
REDBLACKS 24 Stampeders 20

Toronto at BC
Yet another Toronto road game. Is Trevor Harris better than Travis Lulay? I'm not sure, although I think that Lulay has a lot bigger chance for his shoulder to spontaneously explode midway through the game. Again I'm going to take the home team. In the CFL that's often a safe choice.
Lions 30 Argonauts 26

Winnipeg at Edmonton
Is Edmonton crap without Mike Reilly at quarterback? They beat Ottawa in a home and home, but I'm not sure how much that says. Winnipeg, apart from one game has been solid this year and quarterback Drew Willy is having a decent year. I'm going to deviate from home teams and pick the team that still has their opening day starter.
Bomber 19 Eskimost 15

Hamilton at Saskatchewan
The Riders keep finding ways to lose with backup quarterback Kevin Glenn. Hamilton, despite some good play is only 1 and 2 after three road games. The Cats are getting back Eric Norwood on the defensive line and perhaps even injury prone running back CJ Gable. The Riders are a team in disarray. Expect the Tiger-Cats to blitz like mad men.
Tiger-Cats 34 Roughriders 27

No comments: