Thursday, July 9, 2015

2015 Week 3 CFL Picks

Ottawa at Edmonton
If you asked me at the beginning of the season who would be favoured in this game, it wouldn't be Ottawa (although I might have thought Mike Reilly was injured). If this was in Ottawa I would give it to the REDBLACKS for sure, but it is in Edmonton. Still I don't think a lot of Matt Nichols at quarterback without more starts and Henry Burris has a lot of weapons at receiver. So REDBLACKS it is bizarre as it may seem.
REDBLACKS 27 Eskimos 22

Montreal at Winnipeg
Willy will play at quarterback for the Bombers this week, which is a little surprising after getting sandwiched by Hamilton's defenders last week, but there you go. Obviously Rakeem Cato kicked ass as quarterback for the Alouettes last week. Do the Bombers have a good enough defence to get him off his game? I'm not actually sure. The Bomber defence didn't look particularly good against Hamilton last week. Still I think Willy has more experience that Cato and they are at home. So the Bombers it is.
Bombers 26 Alouettes 22

Saskatchewan at BC
BC has only played one game and managed to lose it to Ottawa. So I can't think they are that great a team. The Riders almost won last week, then lost to the Argos at home because they couldn't stop Trevor Harris. The Riders now have Kevin Glenn as their starter for the season now. I'm inclined to pick the Riders, just because BC hasn't shown much and I'm wondering if their new coach is going to be a bust.
Roughriders 22 Lions 19

Toronto at Calgary
Sure Trevor Harris has looked great at quarterback for Toronto in place of the injured Ricky Ray and Calgary shat the bed in Montreal last week. However I have to think that the Stamps will play better at home and up to their standards. Plus Harris will probably come back to Earth.
Stampeders 29 Argonauts 27

No comments: