Friday, June 13, 2008

And so it begins...

So this is my initial post for my Tiger-Cats blog. I had thought about doing one before, but attending the preseason game last night inspired me to finally get around to making one. It will mostly be my thoughts on the Cats, although I'll offer my opinions on some of the other teams too. I am a fairly stats oriented guy, so I will probably go on endlessly about obscure statistics. I'm a fan of the book Moneyball, so maybe I'll try my hand at that type of analysis for the Cats, although never really knowing the salaries makes it a bit difficult. I may even offer some analysis of what Vegas predicts. Last year I arrived in Vegas on Grey Cup Sunday and promptly put down $50 dollars for Winnipeg to cover the spread so obviously I'm a betting guru.

My predictions on this year's season, right at the start? The optimist in my says 8 and 10, but if I had to put money down, I'll say 7 and 11. That is still a bit optimistic, but I feel that the Cats were a bit better last year than their 3 and 15 record would indicate (5 and 13 sounds about right) and some of the Eastern teams don't strike me as being much better than last year. Toronto might be better, but we lost all our games to them last year, so we can't be any worse against the blue team. With a new coordinators who hopefully know what they are doing and hopefully a GM can pick some players, 7 wins is not unreachable. And no limp armed Jason Maass this year must be worth a couple of wins...

No comments: