Friday, May 1, 2009

Draft Predictions

Well I don't really have a lot of good predictions. The Cats will not select Jamall Lee, I think that is for certain. And now I read on TSN that the Cats may have traded their 3rd pick overall for BC's sixth pick and BC's second round pick. So much for the excitement of picking first and third. I figure the Cats will for sure take Rottier as number one overall. I wonder if the Cats know they can sign Corey Mace, a defensive tackle now, so they don't have to draft Laval product Legare third overall. Who the Cats will pick as their second rounder? Who knows? Continuing the wonder theme, I wonder if the Cats will now end up taking offensive lineman Zac Carlson in the supplemental draft.

I also read on TSN that Saskatchewan and Hamilton have made a trade. We get non-import linebacker Yannick Carter (who?), import receiver Brandon Myles (who? and don't we have a horde of import receivers coming into camp already?) and Saskatchewan's third pick (22nd overall). We send to the Riders non-import defensive back Sasha Glavic (he's still on the roster?) and our third rounder (17th overall). This seems to me, to be a trade that will end up meaning exactly nothing as most CFL trades do.

I will try and live blog the first part of the draft, such as it is, although it will probably be me just saying the Cats drafted Rottier and not really caring about the other players picked. BC will pick Lee in the first round. Who knows what the Argos will do with their second overall pick.

No comments: