Monday, June 6, 2011

Jykine Bradley Release

I meant to mention the recent release by the Ticats of defensive back Jykine Bradley. What's interesting to me is that Bradley was 30 when released, which is a relatively advanced age for a defensive back in the CFL. Bradley's performance declined to 15 tackles last year from 34 the previous year so perhaps that's a reason for his release.

One of these days I'll make a post about average ages of starters in the CFL by position. I'm pretty sure that defensive backs, corners in particular will be the youngest. I would guess quarterbacks followed by offensive linemen for oldest starters athough I'm sure kickers and punters will be in there. There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of fast cornerbacks to the CFL and once a player has lost even a little step in his late twenties (or maybe making too much money) they are gone since the main skill for corner seems to be outright speed.

No comments: