Saturday, June 30, 2012

CFL Predictions, Week1, Part B

Toronto at Edmonton
Vegas seems to have this as a pick'em game, so I guess at a neutral site, Toronto would be the stronger team. Toronto should in theory be better than last year, although putting together a lot of new pieces, including a quarterback early is never easy. I don't have a lot of faith in Edmonton this year. Somehow they managed to get a good record, mainly on the back of Fred Stamps receiving. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Eskimos starting quarterback Steven Jyles, so strange as it may seem, I'll go with the Argos.
Argos 25, Eskimos 22

Montreal at Calgary
The Stamps seems to be favoured by three at home. I'm not convinced by Drew Tate yet, I need to see a string of good games before I jump on that chuckwagon. Calvillo played well in last year's Eastern final. It was the defence that failed. After an off-season shakeup, are the Alouette defenders better? I'm not sure, but Montreal GM Jim Popp always seems to find gems. I'll go with the Alouettes in a close one.
Alouettes 28, Calgary 26

No comments: