Thursday, July 26, 2012

CFL Predictions 2012 Week 5 Part A

Edmonton at Winnipeg
Somehow the Eskimos are 3 and 1 with Steven Jyles as quarterback. I had no idea the Eskimos would have that great a defence this year, but there you go. Winnipeg is winless yet only a 1.5 point underdog. That seems surprising to me and means the oddsmakers don't really believe in Edmonton. I'm not sure what to say here. The Bombers haven't looked completely terrible, but they are by no means good either. I don't really like Brink much as a quarterback, but I have to think the Bombers are hungry. In this season of parity and home wins, I'll go out on a small limb and take the Bombers.
Bombers 22 Eskimos 21

Toronto at Montreal
The Als still have a good defence and a completely sucky offence. Toronto has an improved offence and still has a decent defence. The Als are favoured by 4 at home. Calvillo is looking a little hurt and his offensive line isn't impregnable anymore. I'll go with Ray in this one.
Suck People 30 Alouettes 26

No comments: