Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ticat Season Ticket Renewal 2010

So I saw the scuttlebutt on the ticat.ca forums about the season ticket renewals for 2010 coming out already. Obviously I thought it was a little strange that it came out with still one third of the season to go. For this season I think I had to pay some time in February and for paying in full early I got 10% off a pair of section 5's. I suppose last year if they tried to get people to renew during the season people would have laughed. Consecutive seasons of suck will do that to you and a fan needs a few months before optimism starts creeping back.

So this is quite curious and it has me wondering why they want the money so ridiculously early. Part of it seems to be get season ticket holders to pay for the theorized home playoff game (which not so amusingly is suddenly looking a little tenuous, even with Mike Kelly coaching the Bombers). Selling playoff tickets in November in Hamilton has never been easy, so I can sort of understand the thought process. Hopefully there is no other reason why they want money in October for a season that starts in late June.

I've helpfully posted the renewal form in case anyone is interested.

No comments: