Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CFL Previews, Week 3, Part 1

BC at Edmonton
Two teams I don't particularly think much of battling it out. Both coming off losses, although Edmonton was torched badly by Montreal, whereas BC came close to tying it up versus the Cats. I have no idea what the line is on this game, but I'm going to have to go with BC reluctantly on this one. Edmonton's running back Arkee Whitlock was beyond abysmal last week, although I can't even remember BC's running back. Pierce over Ray, I say. Mainly I can't see a Wally Buono team starting out a Cat like 0 and 3. Edmonton is at home however. Oh the stench these teams have.
BC 24, Edmonton 22

Toronto at Calgary
Similarly I can't see Calgary going 0 and 3 to start the season, although Calgary doesn't look much like the Grey Cup winners from last year, despite having minimal turnover. Toronto looks like the offense can move the ball, provided Arland Bruce is over his hemorrhoids and Jamal Robertson is playing well. Joseph will still rifle the occasional pass along the line of scrimmage no where near his receiver, but his running somewhat makes up for that. Like BC I can't really see Calgary losing at home, despite the fact they really haven't shown much this year. If I had more balls I would pick the Blue Team, but Toronto likely will win the battle of the stupid 15 yard penalties. Adriano Belli come on down!
Calgary 33, Toronto 28

No comments: