Friday, July 29, 2011

Rob Ford Makes CFL Picks?

How did I not know this? Maybe I don't watch enough TSN. Anyways from this Star article:

In fact, despite the gracious words in his final speech, Ford seemed to dismiss the deputants in an interview with TSN Radio host James Cybulski that was recorded Thursday morning or early afternoon.

After Ford made his CFL picks for the week, he was asked the best suggestion he had heard during the meeting.

Ford responded: “Actually, I haven’t heard anyone wanting to reduce. They just want to keep everything. So I don’t think people understand that if we don’t do anything with the $775 million (budget shortfall), you’re going to be looking at thousands of dollars of property tax increases.”

He added: “I haven’t heard any good suggestions on saving money. I’ve just heard ‘don’t cut this and don’t cut that.’”

I'm guessing he picks the Argos every week, but I'm curious to see how he does for the other teams. Kudos to James Cybulski for scooping the rest of the media.

No comments: