Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ticats Lose Again

I won't say much about this loss today. Losing to the Stamps 23 to 22 is pretty painful. I hate the situation where your team gets a field goal near the end, but not quite near enough to the end of the game to prevent the other team from having a chance. A team going on all three downs is better than one earlier in the game just going down on two and it always seems like the last team with the ball ends up winning. OK we got the ball back with 14 seconds, but that doesn't count.

Not getting a TD when the Cats were at the two with first down obviously hurt. So did what happened at the end of the first quarter. Good teams get ahead and stay ahead.

I'm not really sure who to blame. Rottier obviously improved, although the Bomber front seven is probably better. Deangelis missing some relatively easy field goal hurts. Cobb didn't do much again. Thigpen is a jewel.

Hamilton didn't seem to get the break with penalties, but I can't really blame the refs. The Cats had opportunities.

Decent opening crowd at 25,248. Big jump over last year's 23,211. After this loss, I'm a bit concerned about last week's attendance against Winnipeg.

1 comment:

Sean Berry said...

I dig your blog, lots of interesting stuff. I shall return. But dude. Spice up the layout.