Friday, July 9, 2010

CFL Predictions, Week 2, Part A

Toronto at Winnipeg
The Bombers are favoured by 11 at home last I checked which is amazing. I think as the season progresses, Toronto will improve to at least become semi-competitive. Barring a stiff shot to Buck Pierce's melon early in the game (which if I was an Argo fan I would highly recommend as a strategy) the Argos get beaten badly. Sorry Cleo, no Lemon Party tonight.
Winnipeg 35, Toronto 11

Calgary at Hamilton
Hamilton is favoured by two at home which I'm a little surprised at. Evidently the bookmakers figure Rottier will somehow do a better job at tackle than last week. The Cats could strategize and have Glenn roll out more to compensate, but I doubt they will. Calgary's defence is hard to grade from last week after playing the double blue's feeble offense, but I suspect they're not that great. Hamilton's offense should be able to do more, but I'm going with Bill James' baseball truism that teams that improve greatly from one year to the next inevitably take a step backward the following season.
Calgary 22, Hamilton 21

No comments: